Friday, June 29, 2007

Recap: Vagina Stadium

Wait, that can't be right ...
My dear friend Carissa, who is, shall we say, "in," got me onto the field and the roof of Beaver Stadium. Her boss, who took us in, called it hallowed ground and the "Mecca of Pennsylvania." Thing holds 110,000 belligerent Nittany Lions fans. Later, Carissa showed me videos of the student section at games. I'll be coming down for one this fall, if all goes well.
She also showed me the rest of campus: the creamery, frat row, the whole deal. Huge. Beautiful. I kinda want to go to Penn State now. Too bad I'm done with the whole school thing.
It's an entirely different world. I slept in her cheerleader roommate's room, which was covered in Penn State banners and logos. There was a poster with the legend of the Nittany lion on the door. The sheets were blue. School spirit. And I suddenly see what Northeastern was doing wrong: school spirit equals dedicated alumni, which equals cash money. So you don't have an entire village of unnamed buildings.
Between that and the drink specials, State College is something else.

No comments: